photo HomeHeaderPages_zps121b83d7.jpg  photo AboutHeaderPages_zps6faf416f.jpg  photo ContactHeaderPages_zps0989aee4.jpg

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Making A Poster (Part 1)


I've been in the slow process of adding things to my apartment in order to 1) make it feel more home and 2) look glamorous like those beautifully decorated apartments and homes you see on interior design websites and Pinterest. I'm still not quite at that number 2 stage yet, but when I get there I'll be sure to post pictures! One of the things I've realized is that hanging things on your walls helps your rooms come together and just make your space look lived in. When I lived in NY I had posters and things hung up, but after moving to CO C and I never really got around to hanging things until around Christmas time. That being said I'm always looking around for stuff to put up. Unfortunately many of the cute things I do find are out of my price range or I end up thinking that my money could be better spent on something else this month, so maybe next month (my hate of spending money will be a running theme in this blog).

Lucky for me when I was looking at one of my favorite websites (which will also be a running theme because they come up with and feature so many great DIYs) design*sponge they had posted a DIY poster making tutorial today. Not only do they have a great idea for a poster, they have instructions on how to format the image in photoshop and printing size. I will be trying this out in the next couple of weeks, I'm not sure yet if I'm going to come up with my own design/idea or just make a Holi-Inspired piece, but check back for a step-by-step of the poster I do end up making.

No comments:

Post a Comment