photo HomeHeaderPages_zps121b83d7.jpg  photo AboutHeaderPages_zps6faf416f.jpg  photo ContactHeaderPages_zps0989aee4.jpg

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Spare Bedroom Theme

My theme board - check out the individual ideas on my Pinterest Spare Bedroom Ideas Board

Way back in April I had posted about doing a bedroom makeover for the spare bedroom since I had just finished with my dresser redo. I had a theme board going then, but now that I've completed some of the projects from it I decided to refocus what I wanted to do with the spare/guest bedroom. I was also waiting until I got the duvet cover finished since that was a major piece to the room, but now that's wrapped up I'm really motivated to get this room looking like something out of an interior design magazine. Plus my mom is coming to visit in a month, and she'll be staying in this room.

I'm planning on buying some pillows tonight, and i'm still sticking with my green, gold, cream, and coral theme. I want the majority of the pillows to be cream and emerald, with a few gold and coral ones for accent. I really love the gold and white polka dot one, and the gold octopus one. From what I saw online, the octopus pillow is pretty expensive, so I'm going to try and find something similar on Etsy. Even if I do end up dyeing my duvet cover emerald, the pillows will still fit. Additional purchases I'm planning on making are a few things from Nate Berkus's Target Fall Collection which I found out about courtesy of a post on Design*sponge today. He has some really cute items and accessories at a wide range of prices that I think will really fit the room without breaking my budget.

The last thing that I think will really tie this room together, in addition to hanging up some art is putting a little color on the walls. With rentals it's always hard to decide whether to paint, if your landlord will even allow that, or to spend money on removal wall paper. Adding color or wall paper can really help tie in the designs of your rooms, and make them feel more personalized and homey. I looked into removal wall paper and it was all really expensive. But then I saw a post of a nursery that had used contact paper cut out in circles and placed on the wall as polka dots. Sold! So i'm going to buy some gold contact paper and put up some little polka dots across the walls. The nice thing with the polka dots is that they can be any size and don't necessarily need to be lined up or in any specific order. All in all I'm really excited about this space, and can't wait to order and get stuff in so I can post some pictures of the whole finalized room!

No comments:

Post a Comment