photo HomeHeaderPages_zps121b83d7.jpg  photo AboutHeaderPages_zps6faf416f.jpg  photo ContactHeaderPages_zps0989aee4.jpg

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Free Finds: Filing Cabinet


Look what I picked up yesterday! Corey and I were walking the dogs when he noticed this filing cabinet and directed my attention to it. I've started to look around for free or cheap patio table, you know the kind with the glass top that usually comes in a set with metal chairs. I really want to do a project like this painted glass tabletop project that was featured on Design*Sponge awhile back. Unfortunately the few I've seen on Craigslist were already sold and the ads outdated.

What I'm most excited about with this filing cabinet is all of it's potential. It's just drab and ordinary, right now, but it can be used for so many things. Right now I'm either thinking of making it into a bedside table for a reading light and a place to set phones, etc. Or in our new place my soon to be roomate Kate and I have been talking about having a craft room, and I think this would be the perfect way to store yarn and other supplies! If I could find another one we could get a piece of wood cut to make a table with the filing cabinets on each end. Even if we just spruce it up with a fresh coat of white paint and get some new handles I'll be happy.

Follow the link to see some cleverly up-cycled filing cabinets






https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhts_1AOv2Yt1_1bDGkWAwyxqZJQYAkKNCURdYZbDl_NReUowMw5vsiQTl30RXuZsY_QufhuONv6Jb36NkA-RfUE2jQLV0K4wZ45-x149qrFNIJmCDvy4Z0Va_bNbdubq3GB6ZQVQWOV14/s1600/IMG_0437.JPG
This is exactly what I'd want to try
 
This is a great step by step tutorial
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment